Tammy O’Neal has been a freelance court reporter for Gramann Reporting in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for 25 years. Her career has provided her the opportunity to gain knowledge in a wide variety of areas and interact with clients with many personality types and skill sets. In addition, Tammy has been married for 23 years and has two sons, a freshman in high school and a freshman in college, which has necessitated her search for recipes and her spending quite a bit of time in the kitchen over the years. She is active on various committees at church and at school and enjoys scrapbooking and running.
Idaho Potato La Crème Pie
MAKES ONE 9-INCH PIE
(Recipe originally from Lisa Williams, Blackfoot, ID)
Unbaked 9-inch Classic Crisco-Double Crust adding 1/8 teaspoon each garlic and onion salt to the flour
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 or 2 carrots, cooked and diced
- 2-3 medium-size russet potatoes, cooked and shredded
- 2 green onion tops, chopped
- 1 ½ cups dairy sour cream
- 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- ¾ cup chopped cooked chicken or turkey breast (optional)
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- For filling, melt butter in small saucepan. Add onion. Cook until tender. Add carrots. Sauté one or two minutes. Place potatoes in large bowl. Add sautéed mixture and onion tops.
- Combine sour cream and soup in a small bowl. Add to potato mixture along with cheese, salt and pepper and chicken, if used. Spoon into unbaked pie shell. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- Cover with top crust. Fold top edge under bottom crust. Flute with fingers or fork. Cut slits or design in an escape for the steam.
- Bake at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve while still quite warm.